Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic School is a ministry of the Saint Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church. Our church and school are also members of the Archdiocese of Louisville and follow the Roman Catholic tradition and faith formation.
At Saint Gabriel, we believe in educating the mind, body and soul. We strive to provide a safe and supportive environment in which students not only achieve high academic performance, but also practice all of the core values and Gospel truths that will lead to both personal and professional success. As a result, our students will have all the tools they need to become kind-hearted, productive people.
In 2015, Pope Francis commented on how teachers can guide our lifelong learners to success.
You must not teach just content, but the values and customs of life. … [T]here are three things that you must transmit: how to love, how to understand which values and customs create harmony in society. … [Teachers] must aim to build an educational relationship with each student, who must feel welcomed and loved for what he or she is, with all of their limitations and potential.
Our teachers and staff model Christian values and build personal relationships with each student to help each student love and grow to meet his/ her potential.
We recognize parents as the primary educators of their children. Parents are encouraged to model active faith by attending weekly mass and participating in faith programs.
We welcome students of all faiths and do our best to foster a climate of appreciation for all the religious backgrounds of the families of our Saint Gabriel students. All students, regardless of faith background, participate in faith activities during the school day. Students who are not baptized or current on their sacraments are welcomed and encouraged to work with our Coordinator of Children’s Faith Formation if they are interested in exploring the faith more deeply.
We live out and develop our Catholic Identity through the following:
- Daily religion classes
- Weekly school masses
- Prayer services
- Morning and afternoon prayer
- Catechist certification classes for Faculty
- Service Learning
- Integration of our Faith into all subjects
- STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts, & Math)
- Participation in Eucharistic Adoration
- Feast of St. Gabriel
- Advent Program- led by our 1st grade each year
- The Living Rosary – led by our 3rd grade each year
- All Saints Day- led by our 5th grade each year
- Stations of the Cross during Lent – led by the 8th Grade each year.
- Seder meal (Holy Thursday)- led by our 7th grade each year
- Passion play (Good Friday)- led by our 8th grade each year
- Reconciliation Services
- Sacramental Preparation:
- First Reconciliation (2nd grade)
- First Communion (2nd grade)
- Confirmation (8th grade)